Researchers in mobility – EURAXESS

As parts of its policy to strengthen its international attractiveness and to further support international audiences, the University of Caen Normandy established a EURAXESS Service Centre (CSE) to facilitate the international mobility of researchers.

EURAXESS is a unique pan-European initiative supported by the European Union. With a presence in 42 countries around the world, it is a tool intended to support the mobility and career development of international researchers in Europe.

The UNICAEN CSE is a unique place for international researchers and is the main contact for all questions related to administrative procedures, your arrival and settlement in Caen and your life in France.
If you are a doctoral student, a post-doc or an international researcher coming to carry out research work in a laboratory at the University of Caen Normandy, our CSE is at your disposal to:

  • Apply for a visa/residence permit,
  • Provide assistance in finding accommodation
  • Open a bank account,
  • Register for a health insurance,
  • Support your family, if applicable: residence permit for your spouse, schooling for your children, etc.

These services are completely free of charge and available as soon as you have registered on the ALFRED (ALumni and FOreign Researchers Directory) database.

Download our To-do-list.

Your UNICAEN EURAXESS Service Centre

Coordinator: Emmanuel Buteau | +33 (0)2 31 56 63 92

Caen · campus 1 · Building I / Maison des langues et de l’international – Espace AAPI (Li 242) – Office Li 248