UNICAEN is an academic community of campuses in and around Caen. Our six distinct campuses offer an array of diverse learning environments.
You have several options to get to Caen.
From Roissy Charle de Gaulle airport (CDG):
- Roissy bus: €12 (drop-off at Opéra Madeleine – 10-minute walk to Saint-Lazare)
- Taxi: €50 (flat fare, including luggage and multi-passengers)
From Orly airport (OR):
- Orlyval + RER: €12
- Taxi: €35 (flat fare, including luggage and multi-passengers)
From other Paris train stations (Lyon, Montparnasse, Nord, Est & Austerlitz), prefer the subway (€2,10): detailed metro map at www.ratp.fr
Once you are at Paris Saint-Lazare, get on board a train to Caen. It takes between 1.45 & 2.15 hours depending on the train. Good to know: all the trains to Cherbourg stop in Caen.
The normal one-way fare is €36. By booking early in advance, you can find discount rates starting at €15 one-way.
Schedules and reservations at www.oui.sncf
Mandatory reservation. If you anticipate your booking, you may find low-cost one-way tickets under €10.
Once at the airport, take the Twisto Liane 3 bus to downtown Caen. Schedules and bus stops information available here.
You can also use a car-pool platform such as Blablacar to share the ride with others, either as a driver or a passenger; it lowers the costs and it is way funnier that traveling alone!
For information regarding local transportation in Caen and its urban area, please refer to our transportation section.
Cherbourg and Alençon campuses
The towns of Alençon and Cherbourg are both accessible by train from Paris:
- Cherbourg from the Paris Saint Lazare train station
- Alençon from the Paris Montparnasse train station : you will need to change train at either Le Mans or Argentan.
For all your train journeys: https://www.sncf-connect.com/en-en/