Home > Apply & study > Exchange students > Housing

Exchange students - Housing


We strongly recommend that you secure housing before your arrival. For some of the exchange programmes, housing is included in your exchange benefits (check with your University). If not, you must find housing on your own.

Housing options

University residences

They are very popular: full-payment must be sent as soon as you receive a positive reply to confirm your reservation.

Rooms’ description (pdf - 440 ko) (in french)
Reservation and payment (pdf -  Ko) (in french)

Off-campus housing

Please visit http://international.unicaen.fr/etudier-a-caen/logement/logements-individuels-prives/off-campus-housing-960939.kjsp?RH=1553606449012 for more information.

Housing assistance

Private landlords will require that you provide the name of a guarantor (person who will pay your rent if you do not). If you need help, you can visit the VISALE website (in french).

Under certain conditions, you can benefit from housing financial aid from the CAF (Caisse d'Allocations Familiales). Check whether you can benefit from this housing assistance. The request for housing assistance is to be made online on the CAF website.

Download page

Last update : April 3, 2020



Bilateral exchange programmes

Erasmus+ programme

ISEP coordinator


Exchange students handbook: FR | EN

Université de Caen Normandie
Esplanade de la Paix | CS 14032 | 14032 CAEN cedex 5